Saturday, October 8, 2011

Layered Halloween Yarn Wreath



The question, "Why didn't I think of that?" came to mind when I saw the layered Halloween wreath my my very creative mom whipped up (I taught her everything she knows....or was it the other way around?).

My mom was kind enough to let me share her creative idea with you. There isn't a formal tutorial for this wreath, but I will walk you through it.
  • The bottom layer is a black feather wreath from JoAnn's (which is very much on sale right now)
  • The second layer is a yarn wreath (I'll post the tutorial ASAP)
  • The big flower at the bottom is simply a piece of home decor fabric (also from JoAnn's) cut out in the shape of the print and pinned to the wreath with a black felt rosette in the center
                                            

  • A strip of the fabric was also used to tie the wreath to the metal wreath hanger
  • You can find the directions for the rest of the embellishments here.



 Thanks, Mom for sharing your brilliance!
P.S. There is still time to enter the Shabby Apple Giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. Your Mom Is Very Clever...still. I remember going to her house & always being amazed at the decor!!! Tell her "HI".

    ReplyDelete